Wednesday 24 May 2017

RESEARCH: GENRE RESEARCH (WHY)

Why is a Film Trailer Made? 

Using Film Spaces website i investigated further. A film trailer is the crucial part to marketing the film, its is broadcasted through television advertisements, theatrical screenings, youtube adverts and on many social media platforms. Trailers are imperative due to the fact that it allows audiences from all over the world identify the genre of the film.

The website asked me to identify the genre of the trailer through the titles and then watching the trailer to see how accurate I was.

My guess was that all three films genres are very different to each other.

The Red turtle- from the aesthetics from the title, I gathered that it had links to sea life however potentially something life threatening or dangerous happens due to the colour red, as red is portrayed as death and danger.
After watching the trailer I found out that I was relatively accurate with my prediction.  Although this film production (Studio Ghibli) was an animated film which I did not expect the film trailer portrays danger as a huge tsunami hits the isolated man living on the island. I was also correct on around the theme which was sea life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ALFIE WOLSTENHOLME CANDIDATE NUMBER 1462 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680   Welcome to my blog. I worked with myself ALFI...