Tuesday 23 May 2017

RESEARCH: GENRE RESEARCH (WHAT)

I used Film Spaces website Teaching Trailers in order to further broaden my knowledge of different conventions a trailer consists of. The theory related to the genre is presented in posts above, as I researched the 'What, Why, Who, How, Where, When'


























Agree/Disagree Document
What are Film Trailers? 


I researched what a trailer is. The website page consisted of an agree/disagree document and a film trailer from King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. The document had different statements in which allowed me to comment 'Yes' in either the disagree or agree box, the outcome is on the right hand side. 

The King Arthur trailer however, allowed me to understand what a professional film trailer looks like. It consisted of fast paced editing, action, variation in different camera angle, Voiceovers, titles and spectacle. These are all crucial conventions when creating a successful trailer. 

I feel as though the trailer was very successful as it appeals to the human eye through spectacle such as astronomical amounts of soldiers (as seen in the screenshot), various battles and realistic and extensive VFX such as explosions. 

The film's genre is also clearly identified through
the trailer (Historical fiction, with elements of 
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword Trailer
fantasy sci-fi). The trailer outlined the broad narrative of the King Arthur Legend, a story that I am very familiar with after reading various novels and watching many films such as Disney's adaptation of classic fable chronicles King Arthur's humble beginnings, The Sword in the Stone (1963). 

The trailer contained all the institutional information such as release dates and the big name stars taking part. The trailer also uses persuasive tactics such as 'From the Directors of Sherlock Holmes....' which therefore lures in audiences that have previously watched Sherlock Holmes. 


Questionaire 


I answered a questionnaire on trailer conventions in order to strengthen my understanding on what makes a trailer successful. The aim of the questionnaire was to match the definition to the key term, it took me two minutes to get all of the answers correct which was I feel is very good.







1 comment:

  1. Excellent use of Film Space's resources. Well presented with evidence of personal reflection. Accurate questionnaire: well done!

    ReplyDelete

ALFIE WOLSTENHOLME CANDIDATE NUMBER 1462 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680   Welcome to my blog. I worked with myself ALFI...