Thursday 23 November 2017

PLANNING: CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

OPEN SOURCE HERE


For my protagonist in my production Broken Dreams, I decided to interview my character in order to develop the character's personality further.
I was inspired by an article written by Charlie Sierra about building the back story of a character in which he quoted from Riding the Alligator, which is a book written and published by Pen Densham, an Academy Award nominated filmmaker. In the book he presents a list in which it provides a checklist of the many questions every writer and director should ask their protagonist, in the development stage. The intention from doing this is to deepen your understanding of your characters. 

My Character Interview

As my film involves a young footballer becoming a super star, I decided it would be a smart idea to do a video interview in a football managers office. In which the manager is interviewing the protagonist, putting the character in an environment he is comfortable with with allow me to understand the characters personality and feelings.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALFIE WOLSTENHOLME CANDIDATE NUMBER 1462 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680   Welcome to my blog. I worked with myself ALFI...