Thursday 5 October 2017

PLANNING: AUDIENCE PROFILE



An audience profile is a task in which all media institutions need to complete. Audience profiling does not limit your audience; however it does allow you to invest money into certain areas that the audience may appeal to. Your audience profile is likely to have more than one demographic characteristic in common. Demographic audience profiles consist of categories such as age, gender, race, employment and status. 

Audiences are often defined by GEARS, with G standing for Gender. Having looked at the BFI exit polls of films screened to audiences of some 150 people, I noticed that the audience for '71' in which has action and thriller conventions is predominantly a male audience. I feel as though my film will be aimed more towards male audiences due to the genre of the film, my audiences age is likely to be watched by people under the age of 30, therefore I would aim to place my trailer before films like Goal! The Dream Begins, Bend it Like Beckham and Remember the Titans at the cinema. This is due to most useful way of reaching your trailer to audiences is through cinema. 

I believe that my audience is more than likely to be a very active audience, taking part in activities such as playing football, going to the gym, getting fit and when not doing this they play games such as FIFA. I feel as though my audience will participate in activities such as these as these are all activities in which the protagonist in 'BROKEN DREAMS' does. 

My audience watch Films and TV which are very similar to 'Broken Dreams'. They watched sport related TV shows and game shows such as Soccer Am, A League of their Own, Question of sport and Match of the Day. 







1 comment:

  1. Excellent work on profiling your audience. You have made it very clear thanks to careful thought about layout. You have defined your target audience thoughtfully, based on a good deal of research.

    ReplyDelete

ALFIE WOLSTENHOLME CANDIDATE NUMBER 1462 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680   Welcome to my blog. I worked with myself ALFI...