Thursday 30 November 2017

CONSTRUCTION: SCRIPT YOUR INTERTITLES

BBFC WEBSITE OPEN HERE


I decided that it would be suitable to gain inspiration from the BBFC website, in which it presents several different trailers. This website led me to looking at three trailers all of different genres. I have also noted down the different intertitles that were used and how effective they are in meeting the codes and conventions of the films genre.

Intertitles have many different different purposes such as:
  • To allow the trailer to flow and for the audience to have an improved understanding of the plot. 
  • Intertitles can be used in trailer instead of a voiceover, this is due to many reasons, such as avoiding confusion and for dramatic effect. 
  • To emphasise the tone of the film, making it more cinematic and dramatic. 
Here are two trailer intertitles that I have analysed from the BBFC website: 


MY INTER-TITLES 


I decided to create an initial design for my inter titles, as I wanted to broaden and expand on the current ideas i had been thinking about, I intentionally created a font that looks as though it is tearing apart, as it signifies the tearing apart of the young boys career. It also makes the trailer more dramatic, as a plane old white font can be seen as unappealing and boring. I also decided to add a lens flare to each inter title. I did this as it enhances the cinematic feeling to the trailer, therefore engaging the reader more effectively. The titles are clear as the white colour contrasts the black background. Black and white also signifies positivity as well as negativity, which is similar to the protagonists career.

Ratings Guide 

Every film that has been produced, has some sort of age certificate, in which it prevents younger children being exposed to inappropriate content. The different age ratings are: 

U: Suitable for ages above four
PG: Parental Guidance is advised 
12A: Nobody under the age of twelve can consume film, unless accompanied by an adult
12: Suitable for 12+ years of age
15: Suitable for 15+ years of age
18: Suitable for 18+ years of age

I decided that my rating would be a PG, as I feel as though it is suitable for kids due to the fact that there is no alcohol or drug usage and no bad language. I feel as though some children may feel uncomfortable watching it by themselves, therefore I have made it important that parent guidance is advised. 

Here is the BBFC Age Rating Certificate that I created: 











No comments:

Post a Comment

ALFIE WOLSTENHOLME CANDIDATE NUMBER 1462 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680   Welcome to my blog. I worked with myself ALFI...